- A 6 HD Withering Mist has been locked-up behind a grout-sealed door. The grout is air-tight, unless someone were to attempt to remove it, like the pair of Foragers who are convinced that there must be something behind this door; otherwise no one would have taken the trouble to seal it up, right?
- A case of six bottles of off-brand Black Liquor have been not-so-cleverly set behind a broken pallet. There used to be 12 bottles.
- (1d6) Cacozombies armed with pitch-forks and spades are prodding a prisoner along. They intend to offer-up this young girl who would be adventurer up to their Ungezeifer master. She is a Prodigy. She intends to capture the Ungezeifer for use in an experiment...
- A crippled harpy with only one wing and a seriously hideous form of advanced leprosy is desperately trying to push a filthy burlap sack back into a concealed niche. The sack contains (1d4) eggs.
- (3d4) Giant Centipedes are prowling this area looking for anything they can eat. If killed without splitting the chitin, their carcasses are worth a fair bit to the local chitin-workers because of the unique coloration and growth patterns.
- (3d6) bales of hay. It's for the Elephant.
- A very bored Koponu sits inside it's regulation tin cage, dimly lighting a small section. It only has (1d4) hours left on its shift, then it can go home.
- Some has cast repeated applications of Dispel Ectoplasm in this area. Why? What for?
- A Dowser sits against the wall clutching the stump of what used to be their good right hand. Blood is seeping out. They're going into shock. All he can grumble is '...damned thing swallowed the lode-stone too...', then they pass out. They are wearing a Sewer Militia vest, but it seems out of date. The identification patches are all removed or spattered with some tarry substance.
- (3d4) Urglun are hunting a run-away Bruthem calf that they have been hired to recover. Intact.
- A body. Yep. It's infested with Gore-Worms. There's some Questionable Trinkets & Trash visible poking out from under the corpse.
- (1d4) Crudiv lurk behind a broken section of the wall that has yet to be repaired.
- A tiny, not-so Garganta Slug is floating in a bottle containing a solution of 5% Dim Ichor and 90% cheap Gin. The slug is dormant, sleeping, dreaming. If removed from the bottle, it will resume growing normally, but will forever be haunted by nightmares of being trapped within a transparent chamber...
- The badly mauled body of a Gargoyle is stuck in a chimney-like vent or passage cut into the ceiling. They almost got away from the Hunters that tried to capture it. It clutches a strange little amulet on a silver chain. It is some sort of locket containing a Phantasmotype of a young girl who bears a striking resemblance to someone one of the party is related to or knows.
- A surveyor's plumb-bob sensitized to Ley Lines lies on the floor in the midst of a nasty pool of what could only be worm vomit. Some one or some thing has already claimed the hand that was left behind.
- A badly wounded Triloo is trying to make it back to the safety of the private book repository where it works. They require some healing and the trail of blood they've left behind is attracting the interest of (3d8) wild dogs as well as a stunted albino alligator that has been sent down here to fetch specimens for their master who isn't particularly choosy as to whom, what or how the creature brings back the raw materials needed for the next experiment.
- A Candle-Head homunculus is looking for a light. Can you help it get is candle re-lit?
- (2d12) 2 HD Flutter Worms have just finished-off a once overly confident Rhinocerenary. They're still thirsty.
- Clomp! Clank! It's an Iron Pig making its way towards the surface and taking no prisoners on the way. It will attack anyone who gets in its way.
- A Vilg wearing a violet loincloth and trying to hold onto a bone scroll tube is hiding behind some rubble. It's not working. The arrow in its shoulder sticks out past the rubble, and the trail of fresh blood is a dead give-away as well. It will attempt to hire anyone who will talk to it. The scroll tube needs to be delivered to Latterkamp. You really don't want to go there without the Vilg to guide you. It assures you that would be a bad idea. She can either offer you 26 random coins and some salt in a water-tight pouch, or you can negotiate for a better reward once the scroll tube is delivered. There's a chance that the Goules will offer a reward...
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Sewers and Cellars of Wermspittle (Encounter Table II)
Sewer & Cellar Encounters: Table II (D20)