Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Progress Report: July 2014

A Few of this week's Sketches
This month I managed to get a short-short story published over at 365 Tomorrows, posted another flash fiction piece inspired by a prompt from Ganymeder, and finally got all the links fixed and updated for Zeelia Episodes 1-20, as well as posting the Datadex/Appendix, and the entry for the Jarpha.

I'm going to be writing a slew of new eight-sentence-episodes for Series Two of Zeelia in the next couple of days, depending on how things go with a couple of other very time-consuming projects. The goal is to get back to posting weekly eight-sentence installments of Zeelia's continuing adventures every Saturday at my writing blog. Maybe I can get that going next week...fingers crossed.

In-between all the work on Zeelia, Bujilli (99 Episodes!), Charlotte, and the other serial currently under-production, I have a few more short stories about to go through the editorial wringer, so wish me luck. There's a couple of Wermspittle stories in the mix, and I'm working on some stuff for another site as well now that Gnosiomandus has left the Academy...I'll have more details on that in the coming weeks.

Last week I cleared-out some old designs from our Zazzle shops and uploaded a few new things, like the Stomper T-shirt...and a few things from some projects that'll be coming out in August (if all goes according to plan).

I'm still working on a few Hereticwerks projects as well...including the Octopo and Others Counter-set for Heroes & Other Worlds, A new character sheet, some more paper minis, Three New Mini-Dungeons, GL-2, Ghoulish Glyphs, and the first volume of the Blue Grimoire. I also uncovered my folder of AD&D articles that I did back in the day for Silver Griffin, including a few things that never got into print for whatever reason. I'm considering putting together an compilation pdf of this stuff...Or I might send some of it off to & Magazine.

GL-1: Taglar's Tomb (Revised & Expanded) has been doing pretty well over at RPGnow / DriveThruRPG. It looks like we're going to hit the beer-money mark just in time for my birthday, so we'll get a photo or two taken at our favorite local brew-pub as we toast all you wonderful people who have generously supported the ongoing silly-gamer-stuff we do here at Hereticwerks. Thank you, a million times over, thank you!

I also have an adventure that will be appearing in Tim Short's excellent RPG-zine The Manor issue 7...not sure if it will come out before the end of the month, but it was fun to do and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Tomorrow we begin Series Six for Bujilli with Episode 100, then I'm taking Friday off for my birthday. Posting will be a bit sporadic for the next couple of weeks as I wrap-up a lot of work offline in order to get some more projects completed and out there.

2 comments:

  1. Busy...
    Cool - looking for writing prompts - I may have to bookmark Ganymeder.

    And Taglar's is a fun read. I threw you a few coppers in your cup for a draught of ale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I'm not sick so I got no excuse...so time to get busy.
      I have a list of writing prompts at writing blog, that might be useful. I've considered posting a weekly writing prompt of my own...maybe I'll do that once I get Zeelia caught-up. I like the prompts that Ganymeder is posting; their serials are worth checking out as well.

      I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed Taglar's Tomb. I had a lot of fun writing it, and I am thinking that it might be fun to try to run it at a local comics-and-games-shop locally. Maybe I can help promote Frog God Games while we're at it. that'd be good.

      Thanks for the coppers! They're going to a good cause: two mugs of Old Eight Porter at Barley John's Brew-Pub. It is much appreciated!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. We value your feedback and appreciate your support of our efforts.