Thursday, May 17, 2012

How To Play (Bujilli)

How To Play/Participate
Bujilli is on an adventure. Where he goes, what he does, and how he determines what to do next is all up to you the readers. You Decide.

How this works is simple. Read the most recent episode. Make a comment telling us what you want Bujilli to do next. You can either pick one of the options we've mentioned, or make your own suggestion. This isn't rocket science. It's a game. There are no right or wrong answers--every and any choice or decision might lead to dire consequences or great rewards. That's the nature of the game. But we won't know what will happen until you decide what Bujilli should do next. You Decide.

How This Works
Each episode goes live on Thursday.
I aim to get it posted before Noon when possible.

First I re-read the previous episode.
I check the comments. I jot down the D20 and other random numbers provided by the readers on my handy note-pad. I make note of any details that I need to keep in mind.

Then, once I've had a sip of coffee and made sure to re-check the comments, I start writing.

Each episode of Bujilli's adventures is written in one pass, start to finish, based entirely upon the events of the previous episode and the feedback of each reader's comments.

There is no outline, no safety net. No notes; nothing pre-determined. This is an exercise in informed improvisation. Just like if we were all sitting around a table and rolling real dice.

You control Bujilli's destiny.
You dictate his actions, choices, and over all direction.

Whether he goes onward, turns left, declines an invitation, attacks a monster or sneaks away to set-up an ambush is all up to you. Reader feedback drives each episode.

Any and all of the monsters, spells, settings, items, NPCs, random tables, etc. that we feature on the blog are fair game for use in any given situation or episode. I use a random number provided by a reader to pick what shows up next. Whenever there is a decision to be made, I always try to use one or more of the random numbers provided by the readers to sort it out. If I run short of random numbers, I roll some dice. Old school. Feel free to contribute a few fresh random numbers--and by all means feel free to use any of the polyhedral dice in the gamer's arsenal. If I have a few D4 or d12 rolls to work with, for example, I'll put them to go use. Likewise, if there is a situation that calls for a check against one of Bujilli's attributes, a Save or something of the sort, I always always defer to the random rolls and comments contributed by the readers.

Feel free to ask questions. I'm still tinkering with everything a bit. If I've missed something, or overlooked stuff, let me know. I'll do my best to get it sorted out in a timely manner.

Thanks for dropping by. Feel free to join in the fun. The more the merrier!


Series Indexes
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six


About Bujilli (What is This?) | Who is Bujilli? | How to Play

Bujilli's Spells | Little Brown Journals | Loot Tally | House Rules

Episode Guides
Series One (Episodes 1-19)
Series Two (Episode 20-36)
Series Three (Episodes 37-49)
Series Four (Episodes 50-68)
Series Five (Episodes 69-99)
Series Six(Episodes 100-ongoing)

Labyrinth Lord   |   Advanced Edition Companion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. We value your feedback and appreciate your support of our efforts.